Matariki Keyrings & Bag tags...

This week I worked with a group of Year 4 to 6 students from Ata Hāpara.  Their 50 minute challenge was to design and create a keyring or bag tag inspired by Matariki.

They'd had a few sessions prior exploring Tinkercad.  They worked their way through some of the tutorials and learn some basic skills, for example, placing objects and resizing objects.

I created a classroom Tinkercad account and this was really useful expecially when it came to exporting student .stl files from Tinkercad.  I used Simplify 3D to prepare the file to print on our Prusa 3D printer.

This was the first time I've put the Prusa through it's paces and it preformed quite well.  If there were any issues it was due to the actual design in Tinkercad, for example it wasn't quite flat (0.00) on the workplane. 

I'm looking forward to taking more groups for 3D printing...









'

No comments:

Post a Comment